BHUTAN: Essence of Bhutan Tour - 7 days
Tour Grading MODERATE: Suitable for travellers with an average level of fitness and mobility
Tour Commences In: Paro
Number of Days: 7 days / 6 nights
Accommodation: Deluxe 4 star & B&B's
Leaders: Professional Experienced Local Guide
Tour Concludes In: Paro
Tour Style: Deluxe Escorted Small Group Tour
Meals: Breakfasts; 7: Lunches; 6: Dinners; 6:
Transportation: Deluxe private chauffeur driven air-conditioned vehicles
Join Boutique Tours and Travel small group tours and discover the mystery of the last Buddhist Kingdom on earth, the mountain kingdom of Bhutan. It is renowned for its rich and unique cultural heritage and friendly people. This Bhutan cultural tour is perfect for those people who have limited time to spend in the landlocked country of Bhutan.
This Bhutan culture tour package includes visits to sacred festivals and pilgrimage sites and visits the remarkable Drugal Dzond ruins, the fortified tower of Ta Dzong School of Thanka painting natural history Museum and other various attractive activities. This is a fascinating introduction to this magical Himalayan kingdom
- National Museum (fortfied tower of Ta Dzong) Watch Tower of Paro Rinpung Dzong.
- Kyichu Temple (Buddhist TempleTiger Nest Monastery ("TAKTSANG" Monastery)
- Drugyal Dzong Ancient Ruins
- Taktsan retreat 9th & 7th century
- Boutique Small Group Tour - up to 14 guests
- Entrance Fees to all the amazing “Must See” Boutique Special Highlights Unique cultural experiences
- Visits to numerous World Heritage-listed sites
- Exclusive and private International airport arrival and departure transfers for the first and last day of tour for all tour guests
- Centrally located 5 & 4/3 star modern & boutique Hotels as per your choice
- Hotel porterage (1 bag per person)
- Meals as indicated in Itinerary; B = Breakfast: L=Lunch: D=Dinner:
- Chauffeur driven luxury air-conditioned private luxury vehicles for all transfers & sightseeing
- Fully escorted by our passionate experienced professional tour guide
- Bottled water included whilst touring in vehicle
- An exclusive BT&T information travel booklet
- Day 1: Paro – Thiuphu:
- Day 2: Thimphu:
- Day 3: Thimphu - Punakha:
- Day 4: Punakha - Paro:
- Day 5: Paro:
- Day 6: Paro:
- Day 7: Depart Paro:
- Ancient Ruin of Drukgyel Dzong (2012)
- Sacred Sites associated with Phajo Drugom Zhigpo and his descendants (2012)
- Tamzhing Monastery (2012)
Day 1: Paro – Thiuphu: (D)
Arrive Paro International Airport, your gateway to Bhutan. After passing through customs you will be meet by your local tour guide and transfered to Thimphu, a short one-hour drive along the Paro and Thimphu river valleys to Thimphu, Bhutan’s capital, at 2320 metres. You can stop on the way to take in the magnificent iron-chain bridge at Tamchhog Lhakhang, the hereditary place of worship for Bhutan’s iron bridge builder.
Day 2: Thimphu: (B/L/D)
Sightseeing in Thimphu, where you can visit the National Memorial Chorten, the National Library, the National Painting School and Changangkha Temple. Browse the striking collection of intricate textiles at the National Textile Museum and visit the Folk Museum. You may also be able to visit the weekly market.
Day 3: Thimphu - Punakha: (B/L/D)
In the morning drive to Punakha via the Dochu La Pass, where we will stop for a hot drink and to enjoy views of the Eastern Himalaya ranges. In the afternoon visit Punakha Dzong, Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of Fertility), built in the 15th century by the ‘Divine Mad Man’ (Lama Drukpa Kuenley).
Day 4: Punakha - Paro: (B/L/D)
Today we return to Paro. This afternoon would be a good time to visit handicraft shops for souvenirs of your trip. Or you may like to visit a local farmhouse and take tea with the farmer and his family.
Day 5: Paro: (B/L/D)
Sightseeing in Paro, including Paro Rinpung Dzong and the National Museum. After lunch visit Drukgyel Dzong (‘fortress of victory’), and the sacred Kyichu Lhakhang (temple).
Day 6: Paro: (B/L/D)
Take a day hike to the ‘Tiger’s Nest’, the sacred Taktshang monastery, and have lunch at the Taktshang cafeteria. On the way back you can visit Dumtse Lhakhang, a temple built by Thangthong Gyalpo, the iron bridge builder.
Day 7: Depart Paro: (B)
Early in the morning your guide will accompany you to the airport to see you off onto your flight and wish you Tashi Delek (goodbye and good luck).
Some guests may wish to stay another day or more in this amazing city; please don’t hesitate to contact Boutique Tours & Travel for further travel arrangements.